Dragon Age II: Hawke/Champion of Kirkwall (the original meme:)
12. Your Hawke’s opinion of the following characters: First Enchanter Orsino, Knight-Commander Meredith, the Arishok, Saemus Dumar, Feynriel, Keeper Marethari. [Extra Credit: Sandal.]
- *First Enchanter Orsino and Knight-Commander Meredith: After three years as Champion, Ria wishes these two would just leave her alone. Alternately, that they’d get a room and vent their frustrations with each other in other ways, but considering how tense each of them still are—and they just get worse and worse—she assumes that’s never going to happen.
- the Arishok: She’s not going to pretend for a moment that she has any idea what he’s talking about half the time. Whether she understands him or not, he’s normally consistent, though, which is better than some in Kirkwall. She was definitely not expecting him to attack the city, though she wasn’t terribly surprised that he tried to insist on taking Isabela and the relic back to Par Vollen. Ria couldn’t allow that, of course, but she also wasn’t a fool. Everyone fought together, and everything was over before Meredith made her way to the Keep’s throne room.
- Saemus Dumar: Ria was equally annoyed by and jealous of Saemus’s idealism. While she had no problem with his choice to convert to the Qun, he couldn’t have done so at a worse time. It probably would have caused less problems if he’d converted sooner rather than when he did or later.
- Feynriel: She really doesn’t know what to make of Feynriel, since she barely understands Bethany’s magic beyond the basic concepts. She does what it takes to keep him out of the Gallows, though, including sending him to Tevinter eventually.
- Keeper Marethari: Ria likes Marethari, but like most elves she doesn’t really know how to act around her. Luckily (?) the Dalish are just as unfamiliar with her, so they don’t notice when she says something too outlandish (which happens far too often back in the city where people understand her).
- Sandal: She used to give him salamanders whenever she could find them, since he always seemed so happy to get them, but after nearly losing the servants’ quarters to a fire Bodahn explained that they were somehow involved in his “booms” and Ria had to find new gifts to bring back from odd jobs instead.
*I was thinking about it a few days ago when playing, and I think I’m officially moving the Meresino fic I did on a prompt for Mal into my head canon. I probably won’t explore the ship any further than that one drabble did, but Hawke’s reaction in it is very, very Ria.